Tuesday, January 22, 2013

beginnings

It has been a long journey from sitting in the airport in Pristina, Kosovo in the summer of 2011 until now when our new training program has become a reality. In Kosovo working with SPARK, a Dutch NGO, I was thrilled to meet development and aid workers from all over the world. Inspiring me to understand the field more, I soon found what I was looking for: an opportunity. A new imbalance that hadn’t existed before – more humanitarian emergencies around the world funded immediately for relief, but not enough trained aid workers to fill the positions needed.

After taking a RedR UK course in the Essentials of Humanitarian Aid in London, a few months later and I am working with my extremely able colleague, Astrid Kersten developing the program,in partnership with RedR UK for the summer 2013. Now it is a reality and up to you to attend! Let me know if you have questions or keep checking out this blog for more info, background, links and other material related to the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment